Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Spring!

It was a beautiful day here - FINALLY! - but windy as the dickens (pah!), so it was no yard work for me! today. AOK. Actually, I don't really mind yard work... but meh. I went swimming instead, and then scrubbed the porch and made cookies at the same time. (Amelia Bedelia visual: scrubbing the deck with one arm, mixing cookie dough with the other.) I had an AWESOME swim - usually 300m is just about enough to do me in at the beginning, but I did 600m this time, and I'm wondering where this super-(for me)-swimming energy came from. I didn't eat anything out of the ordinary for breakfast, nor did I have an extra special sleep last night or anything - is it possible that I'm just getting better at swimming? I hope so... but won't count on it.

The past week, like today, has been great in terms of weather; spring is finally here!! The trees are green, the weeds are in full bloom (and spreading), and there are birds galore in the back yard. This afternoon I was doing some wedding stuff at the dining room table, and saw, out the window, two Canada geese and their wee yellow goslings waddle up the walkway beside our house. Cute! Other warm weather business - I had a great Sunday Sports Day: after Steve and I played basketball at a local outdoor court (I won the shooting games, he won the 1-on-1 - BARELY though... I shamefully admit that I lost a very significant lead in both games and lost... boo), I enjoyed a full two hours at some outdoor beach courts playing volleyball. It was awesome... beach vball is soooo so so so fun - I love it! And hmmm... what else... We've just been keeping busy with some house odds and ends - fixing and finishing rooms and cleaning up. Wedding planning is going going going; there are so many small things to do, and so many in progress things - like the seating plan or the schedule - that it's hard to feel like I/we can finish something and cross it off the list. Only 39 days until our wedding - EEEEEK!!!




2/3 cup melted butter
2 cups lightly packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tbsp hot water
2 2/3 cups flour
1 tsp each baking powder and baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
chippers!
375 - 8 minutes... YUM!

No comments: