Tuesday, January 31, 2017

upcoming adventures!


The coming week is going to hold a few adventures for the man of the house, who has taken off for northern lands and the town of Kuujuuaq - ak! He'll be on his way up there in the morning for a week of coaching and volleyball-talk in a community that is apparently crrrrazy about the sport while we try our best to get by without him. This means I'll have some assistant coaches on the bench with me this week for some basketball games (maybe) and I'll likely have to take the week off of playing and coaching volleyball; Western WVB has a game this weekend, and I might just have to spectate instead of coach (who will I really be watching though? Hm.). Anyways, I can't wait to hear about Steve's experiences up there, especially since there may be an opportunity for me to go to another community to give some clinics and do some coaching later this year... we'll see!

My upcoming adventure is still a fair ways away, but I am getting excited about New Zealand and the World Master's Games... I should tally up the days - then I know how little time there truly is to get myself in basketball-competition-primeO-shape. Will it be the same number of days I'll have to wait for a good night's sleep? After a good stretch of through the night sleeps, Jordan is back to multiple wake-ups and I'm back to feeding him - he gets himself in such a lather that it's the only thing that'll calm him down. I'd hoped those night wakes were over but they probably won't be for another 18 years... let's just tell it like it is, right? Harumph. I must get to bed at a decent time tonight since the stores of patience were in the red tonight after the kids pushed and pushed and pushed a little too far with the rambunctious bedtime behaviour at 9:00 - after a full day of school and play and more play... aren't you tired?! Sheesh. I am. With that I'll jet; here are a few pictures of life around here over the past few days...

the kids are obsessed with bey blades - they could play all day!
the tiger needed a few stitches - thank goodness dr. alana was available!
jordan trying to sneak some popcorn ;)
movie night! we finally watched totoro and everyone loved it
a bit of a weird face from A - presenting a picture of a dragon in a sock 
kid-train home from school

No comments: