Thursday, April 2, 2009

!

Eek! It’s April! And not that I’m in countdown mode or anything – I sincerely want to enjoy my time here while it lasts - but I leave in 28 days! Eek! I was feeling a little guilty about the fact that we sleeeeept in today (on a weekday!) and that I didn’t get out of my pyjamas until this afternoon BUT… when I go home there will be serious busy—ness, so I’ll be glad that I took full advantage of the odd-April morning/afternoon to sleep in and be lazy. I did get to the gym though and had an awesome workout… so yay. So there were no April Fools Day jokes to be had yesterday, but the guys put their fans through the ringer in the Romanian Cup Final that took place last night here in Constanta. They played Peatra Neamt, which is a pretty decent team, but Tomis has handily beat them all season long – and the game was a five-set thriller! I couldn’t watch the entire thing – I had a yoga class RIGHT in the middle of the game… argh. I finished the class early and tried my best to rush out of there, but people wanted to talk and ask questions and … anyways, I got back to the gym in time for the big celebration – to see all of the guys get their medals, to see the big balloon explode and release a whole bunch of smaller balloons and colourful confetti – woooHOO! No, it was good. But what a relief that they won – man oh man, shit would have seriously hit the fan if they hadn’t. Anyways, league semi-finals start this weekend for both Steve and Tammy; Steve’s Tomis team plays Zalau (Zalowsy) and Tammy’s team plays Dinamo Bucharest (troop of nasty mean snatches) - Saturday and Sunday will be two long days at the gym for superfanspectators such as myself.

So! Today is Hans Christian Andersen’s birthday and International Children’s Book Day. I think I blogged about this last year and I was trying to think of some books that I loved when I was little. My parents still have boxes and boxes of children’s books, and if I were blogging about this from their place, the list would be long long loooong… but I’m not, so here are a few books that come to mind, that I loved:
I loved all of Roald Dahl's books: Matilda, The Witches, James and the Giant Peach...

Sylvester!

MMmmmm.... pasta...
I loved the Narnia series! I saw one of the movies, but felt meh about it - it's better in my imagination...

To finish; over the past few days I’ve seen some very interesting things. The outfit of the week goes to the lady at the gym that was wearing a black spandex top, mottled pink leg warmers and fluorescent pink thong underwear (no, not a bathing suit – underpants) overtop of her full length shiny spandex. On my way home from the gym today I saw a woman, walking on the sidewalk, get honked at because a car wanted to park where she was walking. We also saw someone driving on the wrong side of the street last night, and an up close and personal horse and cart driving right down the middle of our residential street. I must say that I no longer find any of these things that surprising, but somehow, it all continues to amaze me…

No comments: