Tuesday, April 28, 2009

two more days!

So about five seconds after I posted my last blog, the chair that I’m sitting on began to shake and Steve and I looked at each other with a what-is-going-on-is-this-an-EARTHQUAKE?! look… and it was. It only lasted for about 10 or 15 seconds but during that time I’m thinking: will this get worse how long will this last should I get up and go and stand in a door frame, all the while wondering just how shoddy the concrete box I’m living in is. Not all of our friends felt it (the epicenter of the 5.3 quake was in the Vrancea region, 300-400kms northwest of here) but between those who did there were mixed reactions of FREAK-OUT! (the Italian guy – Italians are dramatic anyways), so-so (us) and MEH! It’s nothing! (California girl Sherisa: “It happens all the time.”). An aside about earthquakes (and me): almost every time there’s an earth-shake I think of The Land Before Time and all of those cute little talking dinosaurs… and of the word earth-shake. It’s actually way too cute for what it’s used to describe. Anyways…

Okay! Important news first: the guys won on Sunday! YAY! So they are going into game three of the finals (tomorrow, 5:00 in Bucharest) in the most ideal of situations: up two games to none. It was a bit of a thriller: five sets and charged. Dinamo actually isn’t that bad of a team, but their attitude stinks. One of the characteristics that I admire most in people is accountability, and one that I hate the most is arrogance, and many of these guys lacked the first and emanated the second – puke. Also… they are nutbars! Whenever they scored a big point, the libero would do a mini victory lap, yelling and running around like a heathen savage who'd just ripped someone’s head off. And the rest were no better. I mean, it got them fired up but when something didn’t go their way – they’d literally almost jump on the down ref, playing the poor misjudged victim card. (Speaking of cards, at one point they actually got a yellow card, but so did Steve - for quite literally (with his hand) pointing out their unsportsmanlike, idiotic, inappropriate, and dumb and stupid behaviour towards the second referee.) Anyways, in the end Tomis played better and Dinamo just made too many mistakes – and we won! Awesome. Tomorrow’s game will be crazy –it’s a small gym and the fans, from both sides, will be fanaticals. Should be good though, I hope they win!

And it’s my last day in Constanta! EEEEeeeeee! I leave tomorrow morning for Bucharest, and will catch the game and then head to my hotel near the airport. Only two days until I can try my wedding dress on again! Yaaaay! If I could somehow post a link to it without Steve seeing I would… but I can’t. Does this make me sound like an obsessed-with-the-dress bride? Hmmm, maybe. Oh well! I love it and maybe I am but so there so what. Like I said in my last post, I just can’t believe that the time has come to leave again… it doesn’t feel like so long ago that I was doing this from Russia. We’ve been fitting in some “last” things: last pizza at our favourite pizza place, last papanash (Romanian donut dessert goodness) at Scoica, and today is the last yoga class and last gym workout. It will probably also be the last grocery shop, the last apartment clean and the last recycling run – fine by me! I just dropped Steve off for his last road trip of the season… and I guess I should get off this computer and do some dishes. I know there will be more of those, but MUHAHAHA! not for long!

No comments: