Saturday, April 4, 2009

three months away...

Three months from today…. we’re getting married! EEEeeee!! So exciting! It will be here (and maybe over? - hopefully not...) before we know it, but in doing the wedding stuff/preparations we’re getting so excited. It‘ll be strange to be the centre of attention, as neither of us are in-the-spotlight people, but it will be so so so great to have everyone – all of our family and friends – together, and, well… to get married! After yoga yesterday I was talking with one of the girls that comes to class on a regular basis, and she asked if I was staying in Romania for the summer. I kind of let a guffaw escape and covered it with “I hear it’s the best here in the summer! But… ummm nope, we’re going home.” I added that in addition to spending time with family in our own country, I was getting married! “OOOOOH congratulations!” she said. “I hope you’re not a bridezilla!” Uh, a yoga teacher that doubles as a fire-spewing bride? Nope. No, I am not a difficult, unpleasant, perfectionist bride who will leave aggravated family, friends and bridal vendors in my wake, and nor will I disregard the feelings of family, bridesmaids and the groom in my quest for the perfect wedding. Such is the definition of a bridezilla, and if you ever watch any of those wedding shows on TLC or whatever station that is, you know that they’re out there. Is there such a thing as a Groomzilla? Probably, yes… but lucky for me (and lucky for Steve), neither of us have any “zilla” tendencies. Er, or at least I don't think we do - let’s hope not anyways…

Spring has really sprung here, and the last couple of days have been really beautiful and sunny. We met up with some friends for coffee on a patio yesterday, and got TOO MUCH SUN! Eeeeyikes! I need sunscreen. I need to get off the computer, actually; both Steve and Tammy have big games today – and I must get to the gym. Both teams play semi-finals again tomorrow afternoon, at 3:00 and 5:00, and the games are broadcast online at TV Neptun. If all goes well both teams will be in the finals, so fingers crossed!! Go team(s) gooooooo!!

No comments: