Sunday, April 2, 2017

Pics plus

I'll let the photos do most of the talking in this post - time is of the essence! The kids are in bed after two late late nights (and shorter sleeps) thanks to a weekend of living room sleepovers; Friday night Steve and Hendrik slept down here (on the futon mattress Steve pulled up from the basement) and last night Alana and I slept down here - and both kids are like energizer bunnies! They don't stop. Ever. Well that's not true but Alana was wanting to talk and kept asking me cute little questions and I was fighting sleep (but not wanting to fight sleep) at 9:30 and then 10:00 and then 10:30... It kept going and going and going. Anyways, it's fun for them and for us too, but I'm seriously hoping everyone gets a good stretch of shut-eye tonight.

It's less then two weeks (countdown!) until I leave for NZ and I have GOT to get myself in gear and get things ready - including myself into the gym so I'm physically ready for six games in eight days. We also need to do our taxes, get ready for Easter (we have the stuff - the books! - out and everyone has been enjoying it all), get NZ$, pack, etc. In other news it has been awesome watching the Gonzaga Men's team make it historically far, and my Facebook feed is on fire with Zag spirit. I have my women's league semi-finals and finals tomorrow night so hopefully just as the Zags are winning the national championship for the first time ever (!!) us old lady ballers will also be winning the big league title down at Supreme Courts. I'm still (always) peeved that March Madness is synonymous with the men's championship bracket - there's hardly anything on TV or on social media about the women. Annoy. Also, children's books are so dominated by boys and male characters that I may just have to get my #$% in gear and do something about that too. I read Alana Good Night Owl yesterday (she loves it - it's good) and changed the "he" to a "she" and then when I couldn't help but voice my disgruntlement at all the male characters in the rest of Pizzoli's books (found on the back flap of Good Night Owl) Alana sweetly said, "But mom, at least Owl is a girl." Time to go hang out with my hubcap... time is of short supply!

h couldn't find his pokemon cards so he blamed alana and made a wanted poster (which is amazing): WANTED! Alana B for stealing EX cards! She was last seen wearing a Pink dress and striped Pants and had blue eyes! If Seen give 100 gx's! (contact Hendrik's house!) 

look at that mug!
despite the reluctant kids ("it's BORING") we made it to the market on saturday morning. here alana is grumpy because I said no to a second mini-cupcake sample... and the boys are picking out some seeds.
a yellow rock! at port bruce this morning
port bruce

jordan must look like steve as a baby in this one... our littlest bunny!
hendrik drew the egg and steve coloured it in and THEN hendrik put it up on the wall with just "Egg!" and the arrow. He later added the Where? cutout and the there!!!! cutout and dubbed it a mini-story. love this too!

No comments: