Monday, March 27, 2017

a weekend away!


After 10 months of maximum three hours away from baby J, I got away for an ENTIRE WEEKEND and it was amazing. Okay it wasn't just amazing it was aaaaaaMAAAAAZZZZing! Yes I missed the kids but I didn't FaceTime anyone and I didn't feel sad - I just had tons and tons of fun playing ball, hanging out with friends, and making decisions based on my life instead of little people's lives - like What do I want to eat? instead of Will the kids eat this What time is it Who is hungry? and Where's my beer? The basketball team I'm playing on that's going to Auckland (for the World Master's Games, link here) hosted the Ontario Master's Basketball tourney in Kitchener this weekend which involved an early afternoon departure on Friday and an earlier afternoon return home on Sunday. We had one game Friday night, one Saturday morning, and then the finals on Saturday night (which we WON!) and then a night out on the town (okay it was a night out at one bar) that culminated in a hotel room dance party and the front desk never even called to tell us to turn down the music. The team is comprised of a great group of super fun women - and they can all play basketball too. YAY! And the big trip is less than three weeks away... incredible. Okay, and it turns out that Jordan was fine without me - even though he still won't take a bottle or a sippy cup or have anything to do with formula (or cow's milk). Steve got him to take small bits of water out of a cup, and gave him runny rice cereal (made with formula and masked by mashed banana) before bed in place of his regular nursing appointment with mom. And Steve did it! He was fine with three kids for 48 hours - hurrah hurrah. When I got back on Sunday the family was just finishing lunch, and Jordan was doing this:



Hilarious! He can really get the spray going, so clearly he's not that dehydrated.

What else what else what else... I'm sure there's more but this past weekend wasn't exactly loaded with sleep time so I have some catching up to do. I can't believe it's almost April!!
2017 champs!

No comments: