Tuesday, March 21, 2017

spring break happenings

There is so much to write about! And so little time. The kids are still awake (it's 9:45) and have had a few early mornings and late nights, so they must be tired and running on fumes (but they're still running instead of sleeping, bah!), and both Steve and I are still pretty tired after a busy week of volleyball and kid-care (for me). Steve was in Edmonton with McMaster where they won bronze, and I was back and forth from Bowmanville to Toronto where Western finished a respectable sixth. Jordan was always with me - well actually I should say that he came in with me to games but spent time with Bonnie (yay Bonnie) in the stands during the actual matches; then it was back to me and then back out to B-ville where we were welcomed home by energetic kids and their grandparents. I definitely couldn't have done it without Bob and Marg so I'm very thankful that they held down the fort with Hendrik and Alana - I'm sure they're in recovery mode after a week of non-stop fun (non-stop fun!). The kids love love LOVE it there, and had a fabulous time as usual. For me it was great seeing lots of familiar faces at Nationals (the volleyball world is a small one) - but I didn't take any pictures! Not a single one. I think I was at mental capacity with the volleyball stuff, the kid-juggling, figuring out Jordan and his needs and driving and making it work to go to the next event and the next one after that... ugh. I really could and really should write multiple blogs about the weekend - about the team, the volleyball, my role, my coaching presentation, seeing friends, the juggling - but I just can't right now, and probably won't. I'll get a few photos up and then get to bed - I need to catch up on some zzzzs!

brotherly love :)
happy in the bath!
hendrik and alana were pretending to be mom and dad with jordan as their baby - great photo!
this one LOVES being on his feet and is constantly pulling himself up and shimmying around... big boy!
a welcome home sign for dad - love!
one of many beautifully coloured princess creations :)

"ghost dragon one step ahead"

No comments: