Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Getting close...

I cleaned out / organized the freezer a few weeks ago and found several balls of frozen pastry - and this afternoon, decided to thaw a few out to make a blueberry pie; when preceded by hot dogs and smokies (and carrots and peas), my thinking was that it'd really elevate the wow-factor of our meal (save the very best for last). Indeed it was the high point, for afterwards there were a few lows: while changing Jordan's diaper after dinner he successfully hammered his foot into his poopy diaper sending bits careening willy-nilly all over his leg. Flailing baby and frantic cleanup complete, Alana calls me to the bathroom where she has left a trail of turds (literally) along with a little here and there on her pants and new Elsa socks. And then I notice more poop on Jordan's shoulder while he's standing naked at the bathtub (waiting for a bath and distracted by the water) - and you know I can't say for sure who produced the poop. And all of this was after Alana dropped two pieces of blueberry pie on the front mat en route to Sandra and Bruce's house across the street; it smothered her favourite dress, the mat, the porch - after a mess-free spill-free stain-free dinner and dessert. Oh oh oh well...

Anyways... I can't believe I leave for New Zealand in three days! Crazy. Really... crazy. I've done some laundry and a bit of organizing, but really I'm leaving it all until tomorrow. I find that when I pack too far in advance I either need to dig things out or I can't remember what's in there or whatever whatever and it all ends up back on the outside ready for a re-pack... so I'll just try to get it done tomorrow. Maybe I'll blog on the plane and include our schedule (-ish) too, so people can follow along. I'm going to try to post more often while I'm there - if not for you then for me, so I can remember and organize/catalogue the memories of this once-in-a-lifetime trip! I'll get to see some of the country, play lots of basketball, see a friend from university (YAY!!!) and more. I sure will miss the kids and Steve but this is going to be amazing. Some photos before I sign off:

great photo - exertion and happiness :) at the grow wild go wild expo last weekend
we had to boot it home from the park after alana got a blister on her hand from swinging on trees - my three!
into everything - and loving playing with boxes!
playing school
while alana was the teacher we got to watch a movie: "ghost man" which basically involved unicorns and ponies being trapped by a bad guy and freed by ghost man (I think) story by alana,  animation by hendrik 
at kains woods on sunday
bonding over bugs (and head locks)
my first blueberry pie - and a latticed one! it was DELICIOUS.

"can I have this in my lunch tomorrow?"
yum 
it's been 15+ years since I've seen KK - can't wait!!!

No comments: