Thursday, April 16, 2009

countdowns...

The countdown is ON! Wait, the countdowns are on: two weeks until I’m OUTTA here (sadly, I’m leaving alone – Steve can’t jump ship until May 5th), three weeks until I’m in Vancouver (YESSSS!!) and 79 days until we wed! I’m so excited! I’m not itching to get out of Romania really - I mean, I like it here as long as all of the Canadians are around (and I’m not being run over by a jackass Romanian driver), but HOME! YES! And wedding… YAY! People keep asking us how planning is going and honestly I’m not sure how to answer. Perhaps the fact that our response is, “It’s going well… um, we’re not really doing much…” should motivate/force us to get moving on the planning front. We’re making progress in the music department, as we’re making our own playlists, which is SO fun… we’ve got such good music and OOOOooh I can’t wait. I’m also just so excited about my dress – I can’t wait to show my friends and family and WEAR IT! Yay. And of course marry Steve. (DUH... that’s a given.)

It has been absolute MADNESS in the grocery stores; EATster, I mean Easter (paaah-ha), means food and family time, and it seems as though everyone accompanies Mom and Dad to the store for the load-the-cart shop. We went this morning to Real, a big superstore grocery mart, and, okay, it wasn’t as bad as it will be tomorrow but MAN oh man, you could film a movie in there! Cart Wars. If you don’t watch out you’ll be run over or rammed (no thank you) by a large metal basket, and people clearly have no problem/feel no remorse for doing so. There is no such thing (really) as waiting your turn in line, as you, the individual, makes the rules, and those rules only apply to YOU. All year long I’ve resisted buying this type of dessert-ish bread called Cozonac, and today at Carrefour I decided to give in and get some. Well… the shelves had been emptied of the popular bread-treat, and there was a giant amoeba-mob of people actively waiting for the next batch. I assume that it’s an Easter thing (even though it’s been around all year long), because I have never seen such a huge (or aggresive) blob of people in the bakery section. (Yum, the bakery section.) We’re planning on making sushi tomorrow night, and doing an Easter dinner (roast chickens, yams, veggies, salad and dessert – not Cozonac) on Saturday or Sunday. Apparently it’s a weekend to PARTY, so we’ll see. Both Tammy’s team and Steve’s team have Sunday and Monday off, so I’m sure we’ll get up to something.

We stopped by Jen and Rowan’s yesterday, and someone – Stelio I believe – asked all of us what our favourite movie was. Steve and I share the same top-spot-clincher: A River Runs Through It. I just thought I’d share. Rounding out my top three are Traffic and Lost in Translation. I think. After the movie conversation we decided that we should watch more movies and cut down on the Friends… but, actually, I don’t want to. Soon we’ll be in countdown mode for that too (season 10 here we come), so while we’re at it we may as well keep going. The clock is ticking!!

No comments: