Monday, April 6, 2009

Tae Bo?

So I was a bit of a grump last night because I didn’t get to talk to my Dad on his birthday, but was pleasantly surprised to see him on skype this afternoon (his early morning). He took me outside with the laptop and I was able to see the early morning sun breaking on the beautiful coast of beautiful British Columbia… it was so cool. We woke my mom up and the three of us chatted for a bit, but we all had our own mini-commitments: they had breakfast and coffee to enjoy, and I had a Tae Bo Abs class to get to. I told them I was going to the class and the news got garbled over the connection; Dad said, “Tae Bo Ass!?” Huh? Okay, so we all laughed about it and then said goodbye and off we all went. Well… it turns out that either the schedule is wrong, or the instructor gets to decide what class she’s doing, because Tae Bo Abs was pretty much Tae Bo Ass minus the Tae Bo. We did this workout with thick theraband elastics around our shins and then around our ankles and MAN was it an, ahem, ass workout. After a painful hour of stepping and kicking and elasticizing I feel like I deserve a big bowl of ice cream. Oh, wait… I had a big bowl of ice cream last night! Sushi will taste much better anyways; Tammy and I are getting together for, as my mom would say, sushification… totally (tots) YUM.

So the weekend was more or less a SUCCESS! Saturday’s games were awesome – both teams won 3-0 and everyone left happy. Sunday, however, was a different story. The girls lost in four to one of the snottiest, sack-of-snatch teams ever, and it was a frustrating game to watch; everyone (well, almost everyone) lacked energy and the group lacked cohesion, two very important ingredients of team sport success. The guys’ game also went to four, but they won; both teams play game three of the five-game series on Wednesday – Steve’s team left for Zalau this morning at 9:00 (and are just rolling in – 13 hours later, blegh), and Tammy’s team leaves tomorrow for Bucharest. The games – I’m hoping – will be on Netzone again… times are yet to be determined but I’ll post them when I find out. We must think gooooood volleyball thoughts – both teams have to make it to their respective finals, or else there will be trouble. Okay, time for suuuushiiiiii….ficaaation....

No comments: