Saturday, May 9, 2009

busy busy

Things have been so BUSY around here! It's great to be back in Vancouver - this city is so beautiful with the mountains, the ocean and all of the green. Like I said, I've been super busy doing wedding stuff - errands and running around, and trying to see and spend time with friends and family. I'm still a little bit jet-lagged - wait, not jet-lagged but travel-lagged - I've done way too much flying in the past week: Bucharest-Frankfurt, Frankfurt-Toronto, Toronto-Winnipeg, Winnipeg-Vancouver... I'm definitely glad that I don't have to see or get on a plane for an entire week!

So... with all of the busy-ness I've got a lot of things done: I found bridesmaids dresses (there are four: my three sisters and my best friend Linds), shoes (for me) and... the top ranked fait accompli goes to picking the wine for the weekend. My mom has been doing loads of research, and had collected a small smattering of reds and whites to try - tough work. So last night Poppa Osberg brown-bagged and numbered the six to-try reds, and with our neighbor Ken we sampled them... yum. Well most of them were yum, and we were able to narrow the six down to three, and came to some decisions - hurray (for both the wine, the drinking and getting something done!). Today will be less of a get-things-done day - my mom and friends are throwing me a bridal shower this afternoon - fun! I'm just super excited to see my friends - and eat - we're having deluxe sammers and ... I think ... cupcakes! But before that happens I'm hoping to find time to go for a run; I have new shoes that want to be worn, and I love being outside in the early-ish Vancouver morning...





1 comment:

Fresh Start Recycling & Disposal Ltd. said...

I like your blog. I was thinking about it, it's like a reality show, only much much better because I know you.