Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!!

First of all, Happy Mother's Day to my fabulous, best-in-the-world mom! And to Steve's mom Marg, and all of the other mother's (otha motha's!!) out there - family and friends and soon-to-be mom's... yay for all of you! And how awesome is it that this year, Mother's Day falls on the same day as my youngest sister Claire's birthday! Happy Birthday Claire!! Yay again. There are so many reasons to celebrate these days... I love it. Lindsey, my mom and sister Sarah threw me a SUPER fun shower yesterday and I was thoroughly spoiled with presents and goodies. It was so great to see my friends (I hadn't seen most of them since last October), and spend a relaxing afternoon in the sun on the porch in their company. We ate (duh), drank (duh), and played (at least I did) a fun game - and it went as follows. In order to open a present, I had to correctly guess Steve's answer to a variety of questions - I think there were 31 in total. Examples:

What is your favourite colour?
My guess: blue - correct!

If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Australia/NZ - correct!

What is Heather's most annoying habit?
Unfortunately I got this one wrong and guessed a different annoying habit - my guess was leaving glasses with two sips of beverage left in them all over the house and his answer was that I hang things (towels, jackets, purses) on doors all over the house... ooooops.

And it goes on and on. To my credit, I got most of them right and was rewarded with feelings of relief and happiness as well as an impressive array of lingerie - sooooo fabulous! SO! It was super fun and I was seriously spoiled... thank you thank you thank you! And so, after two days of relative relaxation, the madness begins again tomorrow; there are new lists and old lists and I just want to cross stuff off and get it done. So, that being said, I'm going to finish this blog and go to sleep... I'll post pics later!

No comments: