Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Gone to the birds...

Though I wouldn't say that we are becoming avid birdwatchers, there are so many different birds in our backyard/on the lake/retention pond (lake sounds better) that we are getting to know some of the species that are flitting and feeding behind our house. Though I know this list isn't complete... here are some of our new friends. Or at least pictures of their friends.

Yellowthroat


Mallards!

Baltimore Oriole - it was gorgeous, almost fluorescent red!


Pine Warbler


Yellow Warbler


American Redstart


Robin


Canada Goose


Clay-colored Sparrow
Looooooon!

I know that I haven't posted pics of the house yet, and will do so soon... but I'm glad that I waited. (Or procrastinated - how about procrastin-waited?) Anyways, since we've been back, the trees have gone from being bare bones-winter trees to wondrous green-leaved trees! It's beautiful! I'm still sweeping up from the winter deadness... but the colours are great. So, pictures are coming soon. We finished banishing ugly wall colours from two rooms, so I'll post those tomorrow as well... that is if my lungs don't collapse and take me with them tomorrow night at basketball. Ummm... other than that, nothing is new really - yard work and painting and green leaves - this is the progress that we've made this week. Yay. And bird identification.

No comments: