Saturday, May 3, 2008

back in winnipeg...

Man oh MAN my eyes are bugging out. Too much time on the computer. In Russia I was really thankful for this geography course that I'm taking - it was the one thing that I had to do while I was there, and it gave me some focus and blah blah blah. However, since we've returned to Canada I've completely forgotten about it (admittedly somewhat on purpose) and so today I find myself scrambling to write a paper that I've been thinking about (a little bit) but not actually writing. Our trusty computer decided not to turn on this morning (computers do NOT need days off) so I have been at the Univeristy of Manitoba trying to get this thing done. It was a beautiful day before I came into this computer lab, and I hope that it still is... I'm on my way out. Winnipeg is the one place that, whenever I come back here, I feel as though I never left. Or that I just left last week. Strange... maybe it's a prairie spell. Our house is more or less in good condition (though lots of yard work and cleaning to do), and I'm really looking forward to sitting on the patio with a cup of coffee this afternoon. Or a beer. Or some vodka. We had a New Years party chez nous and our liquor cabinet (makeshift) is stocked, though most (or all) of the bottles only have one drink left in them... that's enough for me. SO! I'm here for the weekend and then heading to Vancouver! YAY! I'm super excited to see family and friends and am still LOVING being back in Canada... I'm also really looking forward to settling down and (hopefully) staying in one place for more than three months. We'll see. Okay, I have lots more that I could say/write about but my eyes are going to fall out of my head if I stay on this computer for another minute. So I'm out of here!

ps I changed the blog name on impulse without thinking about it... we're not in Russia anymore and I love home! SOoooooo ??? it will work for now!

No comments: