Friday, May 23, 2008

Banished to the Kingdom of Ugly

The orange room - looks like an Orange Creamsicle room in this one...


One of the things I wanted to do today (of many) was take pictures of the house and post them... but EEEP! I didn't. I did, however, take some pictures of the colour that is being banished from these walls... perhaps to arrive in the Kingdom of Ugly. Actually, I'm sure they're already there. Anyways, this first pic is of the only orange room in the house; after I took it I realized that these are the colours of my elementary school, Irwin Park. Steve told me that I could keep the orange if the memories of kindergarten through grade six really meant that much to me (if you think this is love, it's not: it's sarcasm)... but er, I had to pass. Yesterday we primed the Irwin Park room and a purple room downstairs, and today we got to the second room with PAINT! Now that primed room number two has a coat of a nice warm neutral colour on it, neither of us can stand the purple and pink that is still lurking everywhere else - we just want to attack it all! Perhaps the worst combination of colours and materials in the entire house (I know this a matter of taste, no offense if this type of... pink fluff-curtain is found in your home) is the pink fluff-puff curtains in the pink living room. The paint looks a bit peachy next to these curtains... but what wouldn't. They make me think of a Cindarella poof-ball dress... but when I googled ugly pink dress, this is what came up. Quite possibly made from the same material.




(I remember all of the mice putting this number together! I love that part... the cutest mice ever!)

not so cute.

I haven't said anything yet about the number of birds that hang out in our neighborhood... and in our back yard. Last night I finally got myself get out of the house for a workout, and upon my return Steve talked for ... mmmm, 10 minutes? about the number of birds he saw in the back yard while I was gone. There are Canada geese, mallard ducks, red-winged blackbirds, robins and lots more - I checked a birds of Manitoba book out of the library today - so I can learn the names of the many other birds. Eeeeh this makes me feel like a total bird keener - but really, there are just so many, and so many beautiful ones! It's awesome. Steve also saw some kind of unidentifiable creature in the water - Winnipeg's ogopogo? Maybe. Anyways, tomorrow I will make a real effort to take some pictures of the house... but for now, all you get is PAINT!


No comments: