Monday, March 3, 2014

no signs of spring here!

How great would it be, if your body and mind and all the rest of it only needed, say, four hours of sleep every night? I know someone like that, and she thought of it as a gift from God; that she had been gifted two lives instead of one, because she had so much more time. I'm thinking of this now because of a few things: I only posted six times last month (which seems a bit paltry), there are too many things I need to want to do at the end of the day (when the tank is near empty), and the week ahead will be busy and full. But the reality is that I dearly need some shut-eye, so I'll keep this on the short side, cross something off of my list, do some laundry and then either watch tv or read or look at a magazine.
there were some serious snowbanks in this town... spring has not sprung!
So! This past weekend was bu-sy. Busy busy busy, gym-busy. A bus picked me up in Newcastle on Thursday, and on we went to our Ontario Winter Games hotspot in Midland, waylaid by an accident that involved 96 cars (see here). This meant that the drive was a bit longer than it should have been (we had to take back roads and there were accidents galore there too), that the opening ceremonies were cancelled, and too, that we were able to be in bed at a decent hour in preparation for three capacity-full days of volleyball. How'd it go? We won one game and lost eight = it was challenging. The other regions were stronger and had bigger and better players, and watching the other teams warm up - especially on day one - was intimidating for our girls. That being said, on-court team play wasn't totally out of our league, but other teams made fewer errors, controlled their nerves (or didn't have any), and were able to capitalize on big kills and big runs and finish us off. We had some great moments, and it was a really good learning experience for everyone, myself included. The team saw stronger players and better teams and the exposure to next-level play was good, and I think everyone left feeling positive about the whole experience... thank goodness! I got dropped off last night just after dinner, and came home to two very happy children, who hadn't missed me much but have sure leached on since. I love them to bits, and I love them just as much when they are tucked in tight and sleeping away. Since Alana was up twice last night (ugh), I should join them here soon. Here's to hoping I can get more than six posts in this month; I'll have nothing to do in Greece but eat and blog, right?
how cute is this girl!?!
my welcome home hug - huge smiles!
how the latter half of the day went
more housecoat

No comments: