Wednesday, June 8, 2011

a tiger!


So I've kind of been wanting to talk about the TIGER that now lives in our apartment, ever since he (or she?) showed up on Friday. Out of suitcase number three came this tiger - the tiger that came to Gati-oui - chaperoned all the way from Denver by Karin and Claire. For real. It's the kind of stuffed animal that almost looks real, and it has a look in its eye that says at night I wake up and prowl around. Eep. I'm closing that door in my imagination....

high fives!
grrrrrr don't even think about taking this remote away from me!


This panthera tigris is big. It's a big big big cat - and well, to be frank, no one was really sure where to put it exactly; our place isn't teeny, but it is just a bit small for such a large beast. Whatever, anyways, he was/is a hit. Steve was scared - okay, not scared but startled for sure - when he walked in after practice and came face to face with it (think The Hangover, but suburban and stuffed), and Hendrik, well, he was as bemused and observant as always. So yeah, it was a big hit - we just need to figure out where he'll live.



The visit was great - I think I've got most of it covered. On Friday night we had dinner - here? Yup, dinner was here. Zella and Elspeth came for bbq'd chicken, potato salad and a super yummy appetizer concocted by Karin - bruschetta with avocado, yummmms. We were thinking of going out, but before we knew it it was late and no one really wanted to cab downtown just to cab back an hour or two later. Soooo yeah! It was awesome, so good to see my sisters and it just made me wish that they lived closer. Karin and I both agreed that if we could have a superpower it would be the ability to teleport - as long as I could bring my two honeys along with me. I mean really, could I ever leave this behind?

1 comment:

grandma said...

Wow I think I would hate to meet that tiger on my way to the washroom in the middle of the night..
Hendrik is so photogenic..magazine material!!!!