Thursday, June 30, 2011

teeth! books!

Okay, so last time I blogged I Sunday got the shaft; the weekend doesn't end on Saturday! And Sunday held some new things for - all of us? - well, for Hendrik and Heather it did anyways. I went to my very first Epicure party and felt like a suburban housewife as I sat there listening to all of the little quips and perfect-fors that accompanied each passed-around tin and jar of spice and seasoning. I had to buy something - or make that three things - and could have bought a lot more; I reeled in my self-restraint after I paid for the chocolate pudding. (Yum.) And Hendrik! Our little monkey got in a walker for the first time, and quickly figured out how to push himself backwards (though I'm not so sure how much he was actually trying to move). He loved the steering wheel on the contraband kiddie toy but after five minutes or so decided that it was not where he wanted to be. Was it because he somehow somewhere some-reason kept moving away from mommy? Perhaps. Anyways, he was not to be consoled and I had to pull him out of there.


Interested on the left, and not so sure on the right...

The week has been busy - but with what? We've been going to mom groups, getting ready for time at the cottage, running errands, and more... there has to be more! And no, we're not going googoo for the royals and no, we're not heading to Parliament Hill for Canada Day; I went last year (for another royal visit - the Queen) and I will never ever go down there again if there's royalty in town. It was insanity, and all I wanted to do was get out of the sardine-packed mob of people. So, the plan is to either head for the Brinkman-Tukker cottage or wheel up to Dan's abode on the Gatineau River for the day.


And oh my goodness! I can't believe it's taken me so long to get this out but Hendrik now has FOUR teeth! FOUR!!! The second front tooth on the upside (how technical is that) has made its appearance - ! No pics, but they're coming soon - like, hopefully tomorrow. I'm hoping to finish my library book so I can get it back before we go (a Mme Ramotse gem), but I'm not sure that I can part just yet with the two Brainwaves books that I'm oggling (sp?) at: The Most Brilliant Boldly Going Book of Exploration Ever by the Brainwaves and The Greatest Intergalactic Guide to Space Ever by the Brainwaves. Yeah sure I know they're for kids, but the they're fabuloso and um, yeah, I'm just scouting books for Hendrik. And in case you were wondering what books he actually has, his digital bookshelf is here. Yum, books!!

No comments: