Friday, June 24, 2011

33!

This cake, from Costco, was ah-mazing....

Eek! I'm 33! As long as there's cake to ring in another year, I'm fine with it. Or, hmm... maybe once I hit 40 I'll change my mind about that? Probably not; I LOVE cake. But anyhow, there was cake, there were presents and favourite people (not all of them, but some - hurray) and there was even a night out with my favourite guy, my husband Steve. Awwww... cute. But yes, it's true; with babysitters galore, we managed to finally sneak away - just the two of us! - on my birthday. We ate out at Cafe Soup-Herbe and then spent two hours at the Nordik spa, and it was amaaaaazing. I had thought that it might be busting at the gills busy - a clear, warm Sunday night (and Father's Day at that) - but it was close to empty... yay. It was a great way to cap off a great week full of family visits, volleyball and ? good food. We had my cousins and aunt over for haaaam (said with a southern twang) on Saturday before we convoyed off to watch Team Canada knock down Puerto Rico in three sets for the bronze medal. It was hot hot in there, so Hendrik and I took off with Grandpa Osberg for some stories and chill time before the rest of the group arrived home. And eesh, that was almost a week ago.


The guys have been training hard all week, which makes for two tired parents at the end of some long(ish) days. I've been busy too, though it sounds kind of not-so-busy when I think about it: mom groups every day, a swim here, swings and a walk there, dinners made, library trips, grocery store shops, hmmm... and there is more, I'm sure. I played beach vb on Tuesday night and had sooo much fun - Jordynn and I won (yay!) and she delivered me a few beauty sets, and laid down a few professional looking shots too. Of course I have no pictures of that; is it true parent mode when the camera is used for kiddies only? Argh - that's got to change. We only have another week here before it's time off for Team Canada; up to the Brinkman/Tukker cottage we'll go, though for how long we're not so sure. I'm in the midst of organizing a regional volleyball program, so I'll have to get some work done on that before we head away to internet-less cottage country. So on that note, I'll post some pics and get to it!

Three generations of Brinkmans

Some former TC teammates and their babes

Grandparentals!

No comments: