Friday, April 1, 2011

a quick'er

It's 9:52 and I still need to shower. And I just ate dinner. And by starting my blog like this I must sound frenetic or negative or je ne sais what but I'm not. I have two books to start (The Help and The Penderwicks) and a sleeping baby, and plans to shower, read and go to bed. This sounds almost like perfection for any night of the week - even Friday - and I just thought I'd fire off a quick blog before ignoring the mess in the kitchen and getting on with things. A night of drinks and dancing would be pretty amazing too - not tonight - but some time. I have my fingers crossed that I can swing a trip out to BC in May, piggy backing a volleyball coaching gig that might let me extend my ticket and stay for more than a long weekend. We'll see if it can work. That would be a good time for drinks and dancing. Ugh, I need to meet some people here in Ottawa. I didn't make it to the strollercize class this week, and can't go on Monday either (doh), but hopefully next Wednesday and Friday... there were some nice women there, and it was great to hang out with other moms that had babes that were more or less the same age as HLB. And ummmm... yup, we did the most quintessential Canadian thing this morning - we visited a real sugar shack and ate Canadian things and walked around in the mud before learning about syrup and the process and yadda yadda yadda. The next blog - there are some good pho-tos. But with that, I must sign off and get on with things, namely, showering. Peace!

No comments: