Thursday, January 29, 2009

...

Location of Zalau-Zalowsy... waaaaay far away!

So! I'm going to Istanbul! Yaaaaaay! We have some friends who are living there (volleyballers and family) and I'm meeting a friend who is coming from Cyprus, Angela Cardinal... and we're going to check out the city! I'm super excited... I'll get to see Steve for a few days when he gets back from this road trip from hell, and then it's my turn to take off. I was talking to Steve on skype tonight (love skype) - he was sitting in a stairwell - one of the only places in the hotel where there's a signal - and looked bored. His new name for dumpy Zalau is Zalowsy (love it) and besides a few practices here and there... they have a lot of free time. Today they practised in a small town 30kms outside of Zalau; the town was tiny and old and all of the villagers were coming out of their houses to look at their massive bus winding down the puny, narrow village streets... what a sight - for both the villagers and the volleyballers. Anyways... only a few more days and they're back. Yay.

I've been a victim of internet vortex tonight so am keeping this short - and sweet. I came across this really neat time-lapse video - set to some really nice music... it makes flying seem more beautiful than anything I've ever experienced on an airplane; maybe if my flight from Frankfurt to Toronto lasted as long as this video, I'd be more inclined to think about beauty than smelly neighbors and cramped legs and the short guy sitting in the emergency exit seat. And if the music replaced all of the plane-snoring? Perfect...

1 comment:

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Didn't know you Blog :)

I will check in from time to time. Hope all is well.

Mel :)