Tuesday, January 13, 2009

january 13...

We have so many sweets in the house I don't know what to do with myself. For his birthday, Steve was given a bag of treats from Tammy and a box of Belgian chocolates from a teammate... so we've got those two hanging around, along with a lot of leftover cake. I made a vanilla cake and topped it off with vanilla icing and ooooh my... so yummy. Yesterday was pretty much business as usual - I made chicken fajitas for dinner and then beat Steve at backgammon as quickly as I could so we could eat the cake in all of its goodness... and then, since we are STILL jet lagged, we just blobbed around and worked on the puzzle. The puzzle is a giant... and I've have, ahem, come to the conclusion that it is the reason that I'm not blogging as much - blame the puzzle! Hehe... Anyways, here are a few pics from yesterday - I was up until 4am last night and am heading to bed soon... with fingers crossed that I'll fall asleep at a normal time. Ooh, also, I came across (actually stumbled upon) a neat food website - Taste Spotting - is definitely worth checking out... I think it's a collection of recipes from food blogs? Not sure, but it looks good. Oh, and Happy New Year again - tonight is New Year's Eve according to the Julian calendar (the "old" New Year), an event celebrated throughout most of the Slavic world. At this time last year we weren't yet in Russia, but still in... Puerto Rico? Or we'd just returned home from the Olympic qualifier there. I can't recall if I made any NY resolutions last year (bad sign?) but am thinking about it... does that count? Meh, whatever. I bought a yoga mat today so I resolve to do more yoga and eat cake - perfect combination, no? AND I resolve to get over this ridiculous jet lag this week. Also, I meant to remind any readers that might be interested in watching Steve's European cup game on Thursday night that it's on here at 5:00pm at www.netZone.ro (where you can also check out strange Romanian television). They're playing against Belgium's Euphony Asse Lennik, cordially known around here as "you phony ass Lennik" - pah! Not sure what kind of sponsor that is but... the name makes us snicker. Okay... bed (and hopefully sleep) time.



No comments: