Tuesday, January 6, 2009

jet-lagged...

Soooo we're back in Constanta and not much has changed since we left. Well... I suppose that's not entirely true. That crazy intersection now has traffic lights AND new street signs, and it's Winter; there is snow and ice on the ground and the temperature hovers around zero. Blech. I know I shouldn't complain but after all that talk at home that it wasn't cold here... well, it is. Anyways, we're both superduper jet-lagged, spending most of the night awake and most of the day wishing we were asleep. What a vicious cycle 'tis. Because I've been powered by a low-battery-brain I haven't been up to too much - these details of the past two days will probably paint a super boring picture of our life. For Christmas I got Steve a mammoth puzzle - 3000 pieces! And when we opened it Sunday morning I wondered if I had overestimated our puzzling skills... this thing is serious. Sifting through 3000 pieces to find the edges was enough of a challenge but now... egad. It's a historical map of the world and I'm pretty sure we can do it, it may just take us three months. I've forced myself to go to the gym as I'm pretty sure I won't/can't fall asleep on a treadmill, and in the apartment it's almost impossible to resist an afternoon nap. So anyways, I haven't mentioned this before but I've been going to some exercise classes, and this afternoon hit up Tae Bo/Abs. I've never really gone to fitness classes before and it's just interesting. First of all I feel like a giant - all the ladies in there are small (some only in the height dept) - and secondly, I do not have the proper clothes for such workouts. I kid you not, today there was a lady wearing a shiny black full-piece retro workout jumper a la high school wrestling. I couldn't help but stare as I left the room - and to top it off she had muffin top hair. I sound mean and horrible but I really couldn't believe the spandex shape of this number... I was thinking my clothes were bad (old OLD workout Ts) but this... wow. So that's about it... we've been warding off sleep, doing puzzles and warding off sleep for the past two days. I've read half of the magazines we brought back with us (at 4am) and, well, at this point I'm just hoping that I'll sleep tonight.

Seen at the gym: same singlet, different person inside

No comments: