Tuesday, March 24, 2015

of books and babes

Kim Ji Hyuk
Isn't this picture just perfect? Books, a comfy chair, an open window and an afghan - this might be me one day, if spring ever finds her way to town. (And if I ever purchase an oversized (it'd have to be extra-oversized) blue chair.)


The kids are home and life is back to its beautiful, chaotic normal self - sleepless nights, rushed mornings, and piles of homework. It felt so good to wrap my arms around these two little beans - there they sit so still and calm with each other - entranced by The Octonauts. They are still obsessed: the majority of play time around here is Octonauts-themed, and Alana's latest thing is pretending to heal wounded sea creatures (me or Steve) just like Peso. She'll ask if something is hurt (yes) and then whip her arms around in an I'm-bandaging-your-arm motion (you know what I mean, right?) and then say, "There. Good as new!" - it's adorable, and I should do my best to get it on film. I'm fading - bed time needs to happen asap... more details more info more updates next time (do I always say this?) - only a few more weeks and the semester is over, so I should have more time then. Right? Not so sure...


No comments: