Monday, March 16, 2015

octonauts family!!
I'm just back from my second run of the year, and it feels so so good to get outside and exercise! The snow is melting and spring is trying to edge her way into our lives - thank goodness! Unlike many others I know, I didn't find winter that awful - it was long but not that cold; there was (and still is) quite a bit of snow, but we were never in the grips of -20s weather... or at least not for very long. Okay enough about the weather - what I should be talking about is the big news of the day - of the year! Of our right-now lives: we own our house! Everything closed today, and we didn't even have to move. Electricians are already at work rewiring this almost 100-year old home, and we'll have a good deal of work to do in the back yard once the snow melts - weeds rule back there, and I'm sure it'll be one messy mud pit unless we do something about it. (P.S. Aren't the Octonauts masks Marg made ah-mazing? The kids are IN LOVE with this show, and I have to admit, I'm a big fan too. If we start now, we could all have Octonauts costumes for Halloween!!)

More big news: I'm home alone - all week. On one hand I'm excited - I'll get work done, I might actually get some sleep at night, and I can eat when I want and what I want, and do what I want whenever I want. On the other hand, man oh man am I ever going to miss my family, little ones and big one. They've taken off to Bowmanville for March break, while school and an onslaught of assignments is keeping me here. Hopefully I'll be able to put the pedal to the metal and get things DONE!

No other news really, other than... hm. We did a clinic in Hamilton yesterday with LP (and Tim Cooper) and Jump Volleyball and had an awesome time, and... let's see - I'm playing in a basketball tournament in a few weeks and Steve is going to a Raptors game in a few weeks and I only have 6 weeks left of school. I'm know there's more to write about but I'm going to eat dinner and get some work done. Until next time!
10 days ago it was snow-stegosauras weather... soon, spring!

No comments: