Friday, March 20, 2015

five days of flying sola

This house is so lonely and quiet without children in it! It's been kind of amazing being here by myself, mostly for the sleep - I've had solid sleeps (knock on wood) every night with no wake-ups, no crying kids. Our children - really I should just be talking about Alana - so, Alana used to be a good sleeper (maybe even a great sleeper) but she sure isn't winning any awards these days - even though apparently, she's been sleeping soundly in B-ville all week. So the sleep has been wonderful and making decisions based entirely (!!) on what I want to do has also been fabulous. Ending soon! But I'm happy... I miss my people! I'll be waiting on the steps for them when they pull in tomorrow afternoon.

So what else has gone down this week? We've had all of the wiring in the house replaced already, and what awesome timing having the kids gone while walls are ripped open with tools (and wires) left here and there and busy workers coming and going. I've had a few social nights out - for a volleyball banquet tonight and for beers with classmates yesterday - and have made some serious progress on the tsunami of assignments due this week and next. Still, despite hopes that I could work work work and get it all done - there's more! There's always more. But that's okay, I'll just keep working away. With just 4 weeks left of classes (I think - eep!) it's crunch time... so I have to keep working away. But for now - I have a good night's sleep I need to go and get before my little bunnies come home!

No comments: