Friday, March 6, 2015

boy + graph

This past week (and next week and the one after that) has been (and will be) packed with school work and commitments. A few weeks ago I made a comment to a friend at school that life couldn't be any more full - and she warned me not to tempt fate. Has it become more full? Maybe. But a full and busy (and rewarding) life is better than one that is slow and empty... right? That being said, I sure am going to enjoy sitting on the beach in Greece in August with nary a to-do list or school assignment in sight. That's right people - Steve booked our flights to Greece! We're going to a wedding there (Nik and Constantina), and I'm looking forward to thinking about it and getting excited about it once this riptide of schoolwork subsides.

An assignment that is requiring a good deal of my time these days is a group presentation on Data Visualization (for a research and statistics course), so imagine my surprise when yesterday, Hendrik started making graphs. Really. He came into the kitchen after dinner and asked Steve, "Daddy, are you happy?" Steve said yes. He left the room for a few minutes, and then came back. "Mommy, are you happy?" I said yes. He left the room again, and Steve and I peeked around the corner to see what he was up to. We asked, and he answered: "I'm making graphs." What a guy. Here are a few pictures of his graph, and a description of how you make a graph. (If only I could include this in my presentation!)



In other news, we are in the midst of purchasing the house and there have been so many things to take care of - I've been calling electricians and insurance companies in between classes and group meetings, and meeting with mortgage brokers in between dinner time and kiddo bath time. Steve has been making most of the dinners and has made a few "restaurant" meals (deluxe) - recipes coming soon. As always, I have more to write about but it's time to run - schoolwork calls!

No comments: