Friday, October 17, 2014

twas a happy friday :)

What a day! If you know me, you know I love a book sale - and our kids love 'em too. I was too busy burrowing through piles in the children's section to snap any pictures, so there isn't any evidence of blond heads heads buried in dinosaur (Hendrik) or doggy pages (Alana) (they were on-the-floor, mid-aisle, and ensconced; = love!). We came home with 15 volumes and parted with $15 - I could have stayed for hours! But Miss A fell asleep in my arms and Hendrik and Steve were getting antsy (AND - okay, I don't have time to read any adult books that I could have / would have bought, right?), so we called it quits.

a few of our favourite finds

Does it get better? It gets better.

From there we finally (!) found London's Greek bakery, staffed by a friendly lady from Kefalonia - who was happy to hear that the best feta I've ever eaten came from a big, wooden, Kefalonian barrel (true story). I bought cookies and baklava, tzatziki and cheese, AND a big roll-up of phyllo so we can make bougatsa and portokalopita. YUM! After carrying a dozy girl around Costco (we parted with more than $15 there), we had a delicious dinner - with Greek themes throughout, which was perfect perfection. Thank goodness I'm getting up at 6:30 tomorrow to play volleyball all all all day long - I need a solid burn-off of the syrupy goodness that was the several pounds (or felt like several pounds) of delicious dessert. For now, I'll absorb my cargo-loading (ha! pretty decent autocorrect there: or, rather, carb-loading) efforts on the couch, and then get to the Roald Dahl book - which I haven't read for years and years. Happy Friday!

No comments: