Wednesday, October 8, 2014

field trip +


Field Trip!! Hendrik had his first field trip and his first school bus ride this past Monday, and I got to go along as a chaperone. It was super fun seeing him with the other kids, and also getting to be there as a sort of support staff for him and the other rugrats. On the way home another tired out tuckered out three-year-old fell asleep and nearly fell right off of her little bus-bench, so I propped her up and carried her off the bus when we got back to school (it was adorable). Appleland was great - we were apple-educated, had some Q&A (e.g.:"Where does food come from?" THE STORE - true), drank apple cider (yum), saw animals, and got sandy on a massive - and I mean massive - sand hill. Fun! Hopefully I can accompany the kiddies and teachers on the next field trip too.

Sooooo we had a home inspection done a few weeks ago and are thinking about the next step; we'll get an electrician in to see the extent of the knob and tube, and then get our finances in order. Should we be buying lottery tickets? Hmmm... Maybe I'll start a lottery pool at school? Wait, we're talking London, Ontario, not Vancouver - where $2.4 million can get you this:

18th and Ontario
That money here? Man, it would go a looooong way indeed!

3.4 acres, 4 beds 7 baths: London, Ontario
I'd take the friends that come with that price tag though - I'm always missing my Vancouver people! And everywhere-else people too (Denver, Manitoba, BRAZIL! Italy Italy Italy Italy, Greece). And speaking of Greece, I took the kids to the grocery store yesterday afternoon after a Hendrik haircut and happened to hear a lady speaking Greek to her grandchildren, so I piped up with a smattering of the few Greek words I know. I got to talking with the lady, and she recommended a bakery (yes please!) and I gave her my email address with the idea that I could get together with her daughter, who lives here in London. We've already been in touch, and hopefully we can get together some time and eat bougatsa while our children play :).

We're heading to Bowmanville on Friday afternoon for Thanksgiving, and I think everyone is looking forward to it. Family, friends, food - and Watson's! The kids love going to Watson farm, and I'm sure we'll make a few trips. I'm hoping to get some work done as there are more papers, more projects, more assignments... but not always more time to get them done. On that note, I'll get to work...

No comments: