Friday, October 24, 2014

short and sweet


Since an entire week has zoomed by without nary a blog to be read, I'll make this a list-post; but first, how adorable is the above picture? I was shocked - and I mean shocked - that Hendrik didn't respond to his sleepy sister's snuggles with a shove and an upside down spaz-move; I had to slowly back away  to get the camera so as not to startle him out of the loveliness that was happening. Okay, list:

1. Volleyball last weekend was oh so fun, despite the 6:30am wake-up after a few night-calls from the goblins living down the hall. We won the tourney and $30, and went out for dinner and beer before driving back to London - it was an all-day affair, that's for sure. I was quite surprised to wake up with mobility; I wasn't sore! But then ... oh, but then ... after women's league on Monday night ooooh boy, I did not feel good. So I'm not too upset about missing next week's competition; I'm working the election - another all-day affair that might leave me feeling just as worn-out. We'll see!


2. Our new favourite book is, Fletcher and the Falling Leaves - I'm in love! And so are the kids. This adorable fox takes on a few other seasons, and I'm thinking they'll be perfect birthday/Christmas gifts. Hurray for new, much-loved books!

3. At one point in the above-mentioned book, Fletcher cozies up under his favourite tree and falls asleep, and that's just what I wanted to do on Wednesday afternoon between classes. This was the view from my 10-minute, in-between-class chillout, under a full, fall tree:


4. I thought the first part of the semester was crazy, but it was just a warm-up; November is going to be crazy! CRAY-zay. I need to write a paper this weekend, and I think there are seven assignments due in the next six weeks. YIKES. One thing at a time, right?

5. Lastly, this:


1 comment:

Maggie B said...

So cute! Glad Hendrik didn't push her away…he must have been watching Dino Dan!