Tuesday, November 26, 2013

in short...

Is there such a thing as a kitchen table with built-in shopvac or mop-bot? I need one. Yesterday morning we (me and the kids) had a vacuum "party" and despite just a dry clean (no swiffer/mop business), the floor looked pretty good... until the next meal arrived. And silly me - I fed the kids quinoa for dinner, and what was the first thing - and I mean the very first thing - that Alana did when I put the goods on her tray? She splayed her hands back and forth and back and forth, sending quinoa flying ev-er-y-where. So, the floor stayed clean for five minutes, big deal. With our dark floors, food under the table is black-on-white visible which, whatever - if the mess is there I suppose it's nice to see it so it can be cleaned up instead of built-up / tracked anywhere and everywhere but... this means that I'm on my hands and knees wiping food off the floor after every meal. It could always be worse....


And recovery - is going very well. Hendrik was a bit out of sorts on Saturday morning, but other than that is and has been his normal self since Friday evening. Even though he doesn't think/feel like he should be taking it easy, we're trying to keep activities low key... but I'm not sure how long this will last, as we're all going a little stir crazy. I was away all day Saturday and Sunday shadowing a course, so Steve was cooped up - enforcing the stay-home watch-Franklin chill-out rules we were given by les docteurs. But now... three - four? - days later, we're all feeling like it's time to start getting out and doing things again - staying home is the easy thing, but without at least one out-of-the-house activity every day, I do feel a little cooped and crazy. Tonight is rec vball for me (yay!) and Grandma and Gramps B come tomorrow (yay!) and THEN it's Hendrik's third birthday on Thursday (yay yay yay!). We're going to try and see if Hendrik wants to take our two visitors to preschool on Thursday, as I'm sure everyone would enjoy seeing, exploring and showing this part of Hendrik's fall/winter routine.

Christmas baking is on my list of things to do, and with Alana napping and Steve and Hendrik on a park plus Canadian Tire snowpant search, that's just what I should be doing. Nanaimo bars are up first, YUM!

1 comment:

Maggie B said...

What a cutie reading a book! Of course she loves books, how could she not!