Wednesday, May 11, 2011

rolls!



This has got to be a quick one - I have a full to-do list and a sunny day tempting me outside. My first mother's day was wonderful; I awoke to two of my favourite guys and a slow and easy morning - hurray. Steve had practice in the afternoon so Hendrik and I cruised on over to Zella's where we (Zella, Elpeth, Duncan and I) enjoyed/wolfed down some of the most delicious cake I've ever eaten (a basic white cake with fluffy lemony icing... mmmm) and Hendrik enjoyed looking at and licking chair slats and placemats. The three dames took a stroll to a cozy, picturesque nook of the Rockeries before paying a visit to the cemetery with flowers for Zella's mom, my Grandma Edith. It was a beautiful day, and I spent it with some wonderful people; thumbs up to my first day as a momsy.

And I finally went for a run yesterday - finally! Working out has somehow dropped to the bottom of my priority list, and I need to get it back up somewhere near the top. The run itself was so-so... it was more of a slow jog and the cardio workout I was hoping for just didn't happen; I was smart and took it slow (boooooring), and my knees felt pretty good. I have to listen to my body and take it slow - even though I really just want to run fast and long - like some of those runs with the Tokyo ladies last year. AND - get this - I even made it out the door in the face of full on cookie temptation - !!!! Husband Steve made (I'm about to sound really repetitive) some of the best chocolate chip cookies I've ever eaten. (GLUTTON!) A Joy of Cooking original, these choco-chip walnut cookies were delicious, and I made it out the door even with a taunting cookie-chomping man waving cookie-goodness in my face. I guess that was payback for my back seat cookie driving (says Steve) - but I was just trying to help! For example: no, you don't need to mix the baking soda and flour together first, and the yellow spatula might be better for mixing (helpful, no?). I didn't take any pictures because as soon as Steve left for the gym I ate two and then stuffed the rest in a bag and threw them in them in the freezer before a full on eat-them-all attack. Delicious.

ready to climb right off the change table - watch out!

a frog and a pastry brush? unlikely friends :)

mr cuteness interested in the camera

No comments: