Thursday, January 13, 2011

mr adorable, almost 7 weeks old!





And it's almost Saturday... again?! Ayayayaaaai, where does the time go? I suppose I could answer that question for myself - mostly to the babe - but isn't that just obvious response for a couple of 7-week old parents? I think so. The highlight of the week waaaas Steve's birthday! He turned 33 on Wednesday, and we had an awesome day. I had my follow up appointment at the doctor, and was informed - neither of us knew - that I only pushed for 30 minutes... 30 minutes! I give all the credit to Hendrik, and well okay, to luck too. Can you credit luck? Whatever, I'm doing it. The appointment went well and I no longer really have an excuse for not working out. That being said, the doctor reminded me that at this point, if I can find the time to shower, change and eat I'm having a good day; anything after that is a bonus. I mean, besides feeding and caring for the baby, of course. Soooo.... back on the workout bandwagon? Soon. I had a mega low energy day today, so hopefully tomorrow, or soon. Soon. And back to Mr Birthday! He made it to the gym, I made cake, we had Italian sandwiches for lunch (yum) and then out for dinner we went - to Sweetgrass Aboriginal Bistro in the market. We had a delicious meal with a very well behaved little dude, and then home for cake and tea in front of the fire - perfection! The cake wasn't exactly perfection, but the icing was and so was the company AND the present. After initial excitement, I must admit that I was nervous when I gave him my gift; if you've seen this In the Doghouse video you'll know why. I gave him a Time Capsule, a massive wireless hard drive. To the memories! Past, present and future.



Anyways, so I wasn't in the doghouse with the gift. Another highlight of the week was having Dan and Milka here for a couple of days; it was great to see them and really, we wish they lived closer. But usually we're the ones that live and move far far away so there's not much we can say about that... for now. And Hendrik updates? He seems to be growing before my eyes; he's way more alert and aware - looking at things with intent, smiling (on purpose, with intent - we think...) - on Steve's birthday we put him down and wound up his mobile ... and he watched it! He lay still and focused and watched, and we watched him and it was amaaaazing. He is so super cute, super adorable... we say so hundreds of times every day. And with that... I'll sign off. :)






No comments: