Sunday, January 23, 2011

Hendrik - 8 weeks today!


Strong and happy boy!

On days like these I really wonder what compelled people to settle in such a frigidly cold place as the Ottawa Valley; it was -22 today, and colder with the wind chill - altogether much too cold for me. And much much too cold for Hendrik, so we spent as much of the day (and weekend really) inside. I know the little guy is going to wake up any minute, so I'll keep this short and post some pics. Hendrik is growing so fast - in size, weight and cuteness, and we are still constantly amazed that he is ours, that we made him. He's been with us for 8 weeks now, and he is and has been changing constantly; in the last week he's been smiling, sticking out his tongue, and is still very active with flaily arms and legs and lots of little coos - adorable. And as he grows, he grows into new clothes, like this slim-fitting monster mash sleeper that makes him look so long and lean. "Um I think he's already taller than me" says a friend via facebook - which reminds me of a comment that Steve's translator Fujiwara made as we were parting ways in Tokyo eight months ago: "When he is one year I think he will be taller than I". He might come close, but hmmm... I don't think he'll crack four feet at 12 months.

Alien Invasion! Hello we're here! - a few phrases on his new sleeper... so cute!

Steve taking some risks after Hendrik's bath... CUTE!



He loves being on the change table and loves staring at the stripes...

So there hasn't been too much free time around here, but I did make these amazing muffins the other day (with whole wheat flour) and found time to finish The Good Husband of Zebra Drive, book #8 of 12 of the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency series - I'm still loving them! But with lots to read around here, I might have to take some time to read something else, if time allows. But for now, it's to the babe and then to the kitchen - soup is on!

1 comment:

Sarah B said...

he has grown up so much!! what is the story with the stripes? I'm intrigued!