Saturday, December 18, 2010

20 days in

Ohhhhh Christmas! Christmas is here and I think I was feeling it more a month ago... perhaps it's because I had time to think about the holidays? The cookies I was going to make and the decorations we were going to put up? And now, almost all I do is feed this little gaffer, do laundry, wash bottles and try to sleep when he sleeps. Okay, so that's not alllll I do; today Hendrik and I had our first outing together - stroller-in-the-snow from home to 15-minutes away Pharmaprix, and it worked! He wasn't ever beside himself, and I got out of the house (woohoo) and got a bit of exercise - woooohoo again. And tomorrow the agenda is travel; my sister Sarah and her boyfriend Jeff have been here for a few days, and the five of us will motor towards Bowmanville tomorrow morning, dropping the two of them off in Kingston on the way. It will be - might be? - a bit of a test for all of us, with a packed car and a three week-old infant; but hopefully the four hour drive will be uneventful and everyone can stay happy :). Hendrik has been the most adorable little dude... we are loving being parents! And the issues are starting to settle a little bit; I'm still trying to make breastfeeding work, but formula top-offs are still fairly regular. That being said, I'm enjoying it much more (breastfeeding), and am moving towards hoping that it will work - and I say that (now) with sincerity... so we'll see. Nurse Sylvie has been so helpful (she was back again this week), and I can honestly say that I wouldn't have been able to make an effort without her help - merci mille fois Sylvie! A few of the latest pics and then it's time to pack, sleep and eat.....








No comments: