Friday, September 10, 2010

strollers and such

I have found some amazing websites, and some crazy people. "My name is Naomi and I'm a stroller addict." Strollers anonymous? There are a bazillion strollers out there... actually. I think there are a bazillion, and they range in price, fanciness, gloop and glee. A $1300 strolller? Yup, it exists. Steve pointed out that it's a bit like buying a Ferrari, the Ferrari of strollers, and we both realized after the comment escaped that not only are we presently shopping for a stroller, but we may also be shopping for a car. Wait, we are shopping for a car. After some hemming and hawing about what to do, we've come to a decision and are going to get on with things - sell it as is and move on. With the only available replacement engine on the horizon clocking in at almost 130,000 kms, we decided that it's not worth it - not worth the money, the future complications and the lack of guarantee. What a shame though... we both got a little attached to that big red beast. Ach well! Shopping for a new car will be fun, right? More fun than shopping for a stroller? We'll see.

This might actually be the Ferrari of strollers - this "luxury" stroller comes with an iPod dock and a DVD player (um, why?) and will set you back at least $3500...

The Silver Cross Balmoral Pram is a handcrafted traditional English carriage - $2900?...

... I don't think this one's for us.

Uppababy Vista - one of a few strollers that we are actually considering.... but ?? I dunno!!

Another stroller on our to-consider list: the Baby Jogger... best folder, super compact...

And I'm coming up on 29 weeks! I've been feeling fine and normal for the most part - pregnant, of course, but not too huge or anything, thankfully. The little guy is moving around much more these days and it's soooo cool to watch my belly move this way and that, and see baby movements poking out here and there... amazing. I had to get a fit to fly form filled out at my appointment on Wednesday - I leave for Denver to visit my sisters in five days - wheee! This is one of my excuses for not having bought anything; wait for a trip south, and stock up where it's cheaper. Of course, I'll need to make a list and organize before I go, and that's yet to be done. We were kind of hoping to have made a decision on the wheels so that I could order online and pick up and bring back... but as of maintenant, that hasn't happened.

What else... ooh! I went for a super nice walk the other day with Diane, a friend that I met last summer through a Vancouver friend. We parked near the Museum of Civilization, and did a 5 km walking loop along the water, starting in Quebec, middle-ing in Ontario, and ending back in Gatineau. It was a beautiful day, and I managed to snap all of three pics. Wooops... my streak of bad news camera work continues. We chatted the whole time - about anything and everything, and finished things off with a beer on a patio in an older part of Hull. It might just be that I haven't had a brew in 9 months, but my non-alcoholic Beck's actually tasted okay. I don't think I'll be running out to buy my own stash of beer or anything, but for as long as the weather lasts, I think I'll take advantage of beer-on-patio lounging...



1 comment:

Hina Munawar said...

Very nice article Thanks for sharing.