Monday, August 2, 2010

update

Man with barbeque! Steve and Bob transported the grill from Freddy's place to ours... yum, BBQ

Activity central! We have been tourists in our own town, and it has been goooooood - the weather, the company, the excursions, the food... all of it, gooood. Hm, can I even remember exactly what we did and when? I returned home from practice on Thursday night and the gang was here, AND dinner was ready. I'd prepared and stuck a halibut florentine in the fridge, and the people were busy making salad and cutting bread and setting la table. We had a nice dinner and hung out around here - Steve and I were both tired from full evenings in the gym. While Steve was at work on Friday morning, Erin, Fred, Marg and Bob and I ambled on down to the Byward Market and cruised around, picking up goods and goodies for a fantastic Italian sandwich lunch (much like the one we had on my birthday, yum yum). The afternoon took some bike riding and others ... hmmm ... where did it take the others? I stayed around here, went for a walk and then Bob, Marg, Steve and I had dinner: corn on the cob, pork tenderloin and potatoes. Steve had the weekend off SO! we planned and did the touristy things - we went on a land and water tour of the city (Lady Dive tours) which was interesting and worthwhile; the highlight for all (I think), was driving in and out of the water in our amphibus... very cool. After we emerged from the back of the bus, we embarked on a tour of Parliament; I think we'd all been before, but it had been years for me. The last time I went was when I came to visit Grandma and Grandpa as an unaccompanied minor - maybe in grade 5 or 6? I remember sitting in the balcony above the House of Commons, and I remember the market and spending time with them and seeing different things, but the balcony in the House is all I can recall from the trip to Parliament. What I'll remember from this tour-trip is the library. If you love libraries and happen to be in Ottawa, you must see this collection, this building. It looks like something out of a movie, with the decor and the shape, the colours and columns and rows of books on display. If I could have a library like this, but have it be full of my favourite books - the ones I've already discovered and the ones yet to come - it would be one of my favourite places in the world. Ooooh, and if I could add a custom chair, and a top of the line espresso maker that churns out delicious americanos and soy lattes... Perhaps if I win the lottery, or find the trap-door to imaginary-land, this could-would come true. But, to be honest, I'm pretty happy with a good library, one full of books that are shared and enjoyed by many; it's just the decor and the history that makes this one so special.



Yesterday we jumped all aboard! the Hull-Chelsea-Wakefield Steam Train and journeyed, well, from Hull, through Chelsea to Wakefield. The trip was scenic and entertaining, and we enjoyed our travels on the train and at our destination, where we ate sandwiches and wandered through the quaint little town. After the trip back to Gatineau, we made for Meech Lake (where we had a very refreshing swim) and then the Chelsea Pub (where we stuffed ourselves silly). Back at home, I parked myself on the couch for the remainder of the evening, and we had a lazy night in, chatting, watching shark shows on Discovery and checking out the weekend's photos.


What else, what else. There's not too much new on the prego front, other than that the front is getting bigger. I still don't really feel like I'm almost six months pregnant (!!) (or feel like I look six months pregnant) but with the third trimester but a week away, I know I'm going to feel a lot more pregnant in the months and weeks ahead. The little guy is moving more and more, and my belly button is changing; I still love cake, but haven't had any strange pregnancy cravings; we have a few name ideas, but nothing that has stuck, or rang the bell at the top of the name-o-meter; I only wear stretchy clothes, and don't fit (legs :( or belly) in any of my jeans, and am starting to feel a bit more tired. There... an update! And with that, I'm going to sign off... before I decide to ramble further. Adieu!

23 weeks... time is moving on!

No comments: