Saturday, August 7, 2010

baby bumps!


Woooops! And another week has almost gotten away from me. I write after a fabulous few days spent with a great friend - Amer! Anne-Marie was in town for the Quebec Games, and we picked up right where we left off (January 2008) yesterday afternoon and didn't really stop talking until I put her on a bus back to Montreal this afternoon. Amer and I played on the national team for three (or four?) years (she played for a total of ten years, ee!) and on a professional team in Portugal; both experiences have suitcases full of memory to accompany them, and it was great to catch up, laugh and reminisce. PLUS, we have one growing, exciting, new thing in common - we are both baby bumping. She's three weeks ahead of me, and it was sooooo good to talk to such a good friend about the past, present and future of this amazing experience. I did realize that perhaps I should put down the Number 1 Ladies Detective Agency books and pick up one of the many pregnancy livres that are on my list - she is definitely more than three weeks ahead of me in reading and research... woops again. Ach well... So, we talked almost non-stop, ate a few super yummy meals and walked and wandered around Ottawa this morning. It was so good to see her, and I'm excited about making the trip up to Montreal for more (yay), and I'm excited (I swear) to get going on preggers reading. One big step that we are making in that department is our first prenatal class, going down tomorrow in an all-day intensive format. School starts at 9:30 and breaks at 4:30 - let's hope we survive, and don't drown in information.

As far as coaching goes (well, and everything else I suppose), the week was a good one - the last chunk of training is done done done. We have one more practice on Monday afternoon and then leave for Sudbury on Tuesday morning in a coaches only rental van... should be good. I'm not really sure how the teams will fare, as I don't know the who's who of Ontario's other regions. However, I feel like we have the potential to do well, as long as individuals show up ready to have fun AND ready to focus and execute. Steve's team had a red and white match on Friday morning, and are now on a five days sans volleyball holiday. I think he's planning on heading up to the cottage on Monday for a few days to hang out with Poppa Brinks and do some fishing... father and son fishing fun it shall be. For now, we're rounding out the rest of our Saturday afternoon with the newspaper (love the Saturday paper) and a market-vegetable-y dinner... YUM!

No comments: