Sunday, July 4, 2010

a year ago today...


A year ago today was the best part of the best week of my life... the day I married the love of my life... amazing! Since Tuesday, I've been thinking about what we were doing at this time last year; seeing people, picking up friends, the fabulous meals, the weather, the parties - at Overbury and at my parents' place, and more and more. It was such a perfect week, and I love that it was a week, not just one day or even two - things got going on Tuesday and Wednesday. Meals at the pub, on the deck (fitting 15 people? or more? around my dad's enormous table was a highlight for all who were there), quiet coffee in the morning, loud drinks at night, seeing people from near and far... it was all just so perfect, and I love that I have these memories and that we had that time with the important people in our lives. And then the day, the dress, the ceremony... and the photos, food and fete; was this pure happiness? I think so, I think maybe. It was amazing... and it brings such a huge smile to my face. So, thank you to all who came, to all who shared, to all who made it happen, and of course, to Steve for making that day and the past year truly the best!

No comments: