Wednesday, November 12, 2008

a grey day...

It's a grey, cold, rainy day here and all I really feel like doing is curling up under a blanket with a coffee and a good book. I reluctantly went to the gym this morning, and after walking there and back in the rain, I arrived home cold and sweaty to an apartment sans hot water. How annoying. The women had a game early this afternoon, so I put on a hat and five layers of clothing and headed over to the gym where the parking lot was full and crazy, but the gym was practically devoid of people. The girls won 3-1 against a horrible team, but didn't play that well - it's a bit frustrating to watch a team of paid players play with such indifference... indifference (it seems) to performance, effort, result... Anyways, so I just got home and still... no hot water. The alternative to not showering at all is going back to the gym, but I'd kind of feel obliged to work out again (can I go there just to shower without feeling lazy?)... and that is as far away from reading a book with a hot drink under a blanket as you can get. Meh. I finished The Known World last night and am so-so about it. It was good... don't get me wrong - but long. Team Tomis has a big game tonight in Innsbruck - it will be a tough one but ?? we'll see! Anyways... time to make that hot drink and crack open a new book...

No comments: