Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Lots of pictures and a few words...

The only shot I got in Bucharest.... I fell asleep as soon as we were out of the city!

Steve in front of The Flora, his home for the past three weeks

Today has been a laaaazy day. I'd like to attribute it to jet lag, but that would be exaggerating; I've just been seriously lazy. I made it out of the house this morning to check out the neighborhood, get some coffee and a few groceries; Tammy and I went for lunch at the Flora (yummy soup and icky meat) and that's about it. I was going to go to the gym, but Steve's game is on TV, so.. er, I'll just go tomorrow. Sure. Anyways, I took a few pics about town - more to come of course but here's just a little taste. We still don't have any pots or pans, so cooking is out of the question and since it's a bit chilly, I have to make my coffee/tea in the microwave. Frustrating. Steve's been asking for kitchen stuff for, well, only a few days I guess, but our suggestion of buying stuff and getting reimbursed was axed with a firm NO, I will get it today. Or tomorrow. Riiiight. It's a good thing that it's not too cold, otherwise I would not be getting out of bed. I can't seem to get any heat in here either so that's something we'll have to figure out. Anyways! Back to the game...

A view of the ocean from close to our place - beautiful minus the garbage and unfinished buildings behind me...

Our building! Our apartment is the second balcony up.

The front door

The resident stray dog - friendly but not overly - who is tagged; not sure what the deal is...

The street we live on; someone was collecting and burning leaves - looks like there's a lot more to come down!

A nice sidewalk view - lots of green!

There's a decent little shopping area near our place, complete with supermarket, deli, fruit stand, pharmacy, butcher shop and old lady. And dog.

A mini-mart across the street

Stelio and Steve in action... some shots of the game on TV




Some game video... hope this works!

No comments: