Sunday, October 5, 2008

a grrrrrreat weekend!

The weather here has been amazing! The last couple of days has been full of sunshine and warm! Up to 18 or 20 during the day... it is so lovely to be warm in the sun! Yesterday I spent most of the morning and afternoon doing yard work, but it was so nice outside that I didn't even mind. I raked and bagged seven bags of leaves, and all for what? The lawn is painted with a fresh coat of yellow - there are a LOT of leaves to come down still. But, the job would almost be too big if I left it all for another month or so... and for the renters! Ha. That wouldn't have been very nice. Still no progress in that department, so I have my fingers crossed for some action this week. Anyways, there were so many lovely fall colours in these leaves, I had to take some pics.



And! Speaking of new colours... I dyed my hair! I love it. I am such a procrastinator when it comes to getting my hair cut, and since it usually lives in a pony-tail anyways I can kind of get away with it. But enough is enough, and it looks so much better. My neighbor almost asked me if my sister was living here when he saw me yesterday, and my friend Tracy didn't even recognize me... yowsa. The highlight of my weekend, other than new hair and the fab weather, was a Friday afternoon picnic at the Forks with Tracy. We met around 3:00 with some beverages and a wide array of little delectables (yummy bread, organic hummus, olives and brie) and enjoyed the afternoon sun and... gulp, two bottles of wine! We were pretty much there until the sun went down, so don't judge... and it was sort of a send off picnic party - she's working for/with Cirque de Soleil in Korea and leaves Monday. Not that we need an occasion BUT... there you go. It was super fun - so sunny and warm, yummy snacks and great company. And now? I'm cleaning up the house and trying to pack everything away, in anticipation of someone moving in this week. Fingers crossed that I'll find someone soon... I want to get to Romania!



New hair!!

No comments: