Saturday, October 18, 2008

europe bound!

So, I’m on the go again. I have about 20 minutes to enjoy the luxury of el fancy Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge before I have to squish and fold and arrange myself into the back of the air bus. I was at the airport in Winnipeg early enough this morning to get an aisle seat for the Toronto-Frankfurt segment (lucky) and was assigned a window seat for the Frankfurt-Bucharest line (lucky again!). The rest of my time in Vancouver was amazing and amazingly busy. On Wednesday night a quality group of friends got together for a few drinks and a little catch up – I love my friends! I’ll miss you all. So that was fun, but I can’t say that I enjoyed getting up at 4:30 the next morning to catch my 6:00 flight. Blech. I had a four hour layover in Calgary which was great – I got to see my sister, meet her boyfriend and eat some delish eggs and bacon at a popular breakfast haunt – Nelly’s I think? So that was just fabulous. Then to Winnipeg, more sleeping and unremarkable seatmates, good and good. Winnipeg brought more eating dates and errands, and I was busy seeing friends and getting last minute things done. And then! This morning Catherine dropped me off at the airport and comme ca I am on my way.

Steve’s parents made the trip out to the airport in Toronto to say hello and goodbye – so that was super nice. We had some coffee and lunch and caught up on family goings-ons – it looks like we might make it back to Toronto for Christmas (yay!) so there was lots to talk about. And then, I made it through security sans problems – with two heavy carry-ons (my backpack is full of books, so I have a small library of choice for plane reading) – and here I am in a very full lounge. Most people are on their phones, and the maroon-clad lady in front of me is also onto an as-full-as-it gets glass of wine (actually her second). There are so many goodies in here – snacks, drinks, mags, newspapers – I’m going to stock up for the ride. So, adieu to North American blogging for a few months at least – new home and next stop: Constanta, Romania.

No comments: