Friday, October 31, 2008

halloween!

I can't believe I didn't say anything about Halloween yesterday! Goes to show that it's not really celebrated here. Supermarkets are not overwhelmed with bit bags of bite-sized candy bars and stores aren't overrun with pumpkin cutouts and mechanized goblins and ghouls. I do like the carved pumpkin part of Halloween - I miss that - and, come on... who am I kidding? I miss the candy! So, I guess I'll just have to buy giant goblin sized candy bars and eat them, snort snort. Piggy Wigs. Now that it's November, I wonder if Christmas spirit and cheer will gloss the stores and airwaves as it does at home; we shall see.

I was reading yesterday's blog and the whole "working kitchen" thing made me laugh - is that all one needs for a working kitchen? I know Gordon Ramsay or some super-chef would scoff and simply not approve, but then again - on the flip side - it could be a lot worse. PLUS! We have an oven, and that is a rare beast in a Romanian kitchen. I hit up the bakery on my way home from the gym this morning (I can't believe I actually went) but forgot the camera again! DOH. It is absolutely gorgeous outside - it's warm... and 20 degrees plus warm. I love it. So we've got a big game tonight for the men and for the women, so I'm going to take a nap for the sake of the team. Done and done!

No comments: