Thursday, September 25, 2008

rah-rah-romania

Random random Romania. The country is always a surprise, and the timing is even more out of the blue; to think that even a week ago - even a week ago yesterday! - we had no idea that this traveling, life-changing (albeit temporary) whirlwind would sweep us up and away... to Romania. I haven't heard from Steve yet but assume he arrived safe and sound. He flew in to Bucharest and was hoping that someone would be there to pick him up and take him to Constanta, his/our new home. The city is right on the Black Sea (!!) and the area looks super interesting - this could be the understatement of the century, by the way. It's apparently the oldest city in Romania (though any oldest superlatives are surely contested) and is the biggest port on the Black Sea - the Black Sea! Much more to come on the area, I just wanted to give a tiny little this-is-where-we're-going intro. Maps...



I have much to do before I leave - I'd love to make a short sweeeet trip to Vancouver before I leave, and other than that? Need to hit the bookstore. I finished the most fabulous book last week, and it ranks as one of my top reads. Irene Nemirovsky's Suite Francaise was so good that I took three of her other books out of the library yesterday and am committed to reading all of them before I go. I loved loved loved the book and I love libraries. I know that this sounds totally nerdy but it's true... I get kind of giddy when I go in there (as long as it's not to write a really long paper or give books back that I haven't finished) and always want to take home way too many books. Way more than I can really manage anyways. And I love the children's section. So many amazing books. Blah. Okay enough. What I also love is Dancing with the Stars! We've never really watched the show but happened to turn on the telly the other night when the season premier was on and I love it! It totally makes me want to dance and hands down it is the reality show that I would go on if I had the chance. The Amazing Race would be super neat too, but the dancing? The dancing wins. I know that I had much more to write about but for now c'est tout.

No comments: