Saturday, September 27, 2008

...

SO! I can't believe it took me ... how many months? A million? To see the Sex and the City movie... and it was so so so good. I loved it. The story, the fashion, the shoes, the sad parts... Steve meeting Miranda on the bridge... and the unsaid conclusion that love isn't always describable, it doesn't always follow logic or reason, and it comes in so many different packages. Ha! I'll say. I have bad jokes cursing through my head. Anyways... so it was great. I think it's probably a good thing that my feet are size 12 - yes it's true - otherwise, I might just have as many shoes as Carrie. And, could a Carrie Bradshaw live in Winnipeg? It wouldn't be the same. It would never be the same. Coming out of the movie theatre I self-outfit-analyzed: I'm wearing dirty Keds, an oversized sweatshirt and my hair is wet and in a ponytail. At least I was wearing dark, tight jeans. Anyways... yum. The wedding dresses in the movie are crazy! Some crazy ugly, some intriguing and, well, I don't really remember seeing any that I would wear wait that's a lie - I liked the short tiered one. I'm shopping for a dress (went last weekend in Denver and a few days ago here) and (big sigh) it's difficult!! There is so much ugliness out there and so much saccharine satin a la cheap Barbie doll that I don't really know... when are where will I find the right dress? I suppose I musn't get intimidated by these things but. No but. No intimidation.

Catherine, me and Mariana at the game - it was chilly!!

So I went to my first Blue Bombers game last night and I was treated to a full spectacle of shenanigans. We were seated behind some extremely obnoxious, trashy, drunk people (I sound so judgemental), there were fights on the field (two), player ejections (four), and the home team won! Fabulous. I also paid $6.75 for a large beer that could have been better but really wasn't that bad. The beer at the Russian hockey games was worse, so there. All in all it was a good time. What else has been going on around here.... last week was National Stay at Home and Watch Lots of TV Week in the United States - wait, does it continue through the weekend? Not sure. Anyways, there's so much TV to be watched - I wonder if there is a National No-TV week? PAH! Ya right. But there does seem to be a National Lose Weight Week (obviously not this week), a Cuckoo Dancing Week and a No Name-Calling Week. And those are all in January. Wow. No name calling at the Cuckoo Dance! Ha. This is a whole other blog in itself. Ooooh it could be a story. Well the story for now is that it is getting colder (low of two degrees last night) and I am getting tired - time to get in bed and read...

No comments: