Tuesday, September 16, 2008

a pretty good day!!

What a fabulous day! There was only one hiccup: I interviewed for a job last week with Sport Manitoba (Coaching Manitoba) and I didn't get it... mrrrr. But oh well, perhaps a blessing in disguise? After the morning phone call/rejection the day was absolutely splendid. After some productive desk work (studying for Friday's exam - Urban Geography - meh) I enjoyed the mid-afternoon sun (which, by the way, was oh so so so warm) and ran to the university for a great work out (I even did lunges!). The walk home was as sunny as the run there (but not quite as timely) and... when I got home guess what!? It was time for the end of the purple! Steve had primed all but one square of the visible purp-etrator and well, we had a ceremonious celebration! And then just like that it was gone. Gone Gone GONE! No more priming for us! No more pink and purple! yay! Another fabulous thing that happened today was that I got a darling letter from my friend Margaret in Yaroslavl. What a sweet lady... she mentioned that her students are still eagerly waiting and hoping for a Canadian snail-mail pen pal, so if anyone knows any young'uns/preteens looking for a friend in the middle of Russia, I'll hook you - or them - up. Cold hard Russian addresses. What else.... oooh! And then... We had the most delicious sushi dinner. I am telling you, this was some of the best sushi I've ever had... and in Winnipeg! I KNOW! Mmmmm it was so good. Steve met the owner of this place on the golf course a few weeks ago and he suggested we come on down, bragging (of course) that it was the best place in town. And it was! I don't ever want to go anywhere else for sushi. It was much better than any sushi I've had in Vancouver in the past ten years. Yujiro Japanese Restaurant on Grant. If you live here, go. Yum.

The last of it...
Ready to celebrate!!!
Can you see that this is an action shot?


If pollution can be pretty... this is what it looks like... clear, blue Prairie skies

So! The geese are accumulating in droves here in Winnipeg, and we have our fair share of them in the lake right now. Last night I stayed up late-late reading a beautiful book - I say beautiful because I feel like I'm there and I see all of the colours and know the people and it's just lovely (Suite Francaise by Irene Nemirovsky). Anyways, the geese honked and cackled through the night. Super neat to see them all together, and, a little scary too. I've never seen the movie The Birds, but I can only imagine: The Canada Geese... eek. Okay, I'm outta here, more studying tomorrow and hopefully it will be another beautiful day!!

No comments: