Thursday, September 11, 2008

a little o this and a little o that

We've been busy around the house these last couple of days, with the exception of today. Steve golfed all day long (it was a gorgeous day) and I had a job interview that I think went well... and went shopping! Not full on shopping but a little of this a little of that, quick and painless in and out of the big mall in 30 minutes or so. What else what else... so we are into the last stages of painting - downstairs is primed and ready for some colour and after that we have but one purple culprit-room left, a small downstairs bathroom. The other day Steve built a fabulous little table that is home to a desktop Mac - it is sturdy and pretty and it smells nice - a fantastic little table, hurray. Here is something amazing: yesterday I volunteered at a golf tournament all day (not the amazing part) hosted by Adesa for Variety, the children's charity. I've been volunteering for them since last winter - it's been a blast and I've met so many great people. Anyways, yesterday ADESA raised over$135,000 for Variety, unbelievable! So it was great to be a part of that - amazing people around me doing outstanding charity work. Hurrah hurray again.




One thing that came up yesterday at this golf tournament, in between putters and chippers that is, was the subject of 9/11. We talked about where we were on that day, and how ... incredulous maybe? we all were that this happened during our lifetime and recent memory. It was the summer Steve and I first met and we were both here in Winnipeg. I was sharing a two bedroom apartment with three other girls (also incredible) and I remember how we were emotionally glued to our dwarfy 13 inch TV screen. Anyways, there is good, bad and ugly in this world, and I hope that in the end we can contribute to much more good than anything else.

1 comment:

Maggie B said...

Nice table, but why does it smell nice?? (did he build it, or just put it together??)