Tuesday, April 22, 2008

we're out of here!

This is it! Today is our last day in Yaroslavl. YAY! We're heading to Moscow this afternoon for our last two days in the motherland, to see some sights and avoid a middle-of-the-night five hour crazy drive from this city to an airport on the other side of Mosow (our flight is at 7am on Thursday). We've been busy packing and saying goodbye to people - there hasn't been too much time - our departure really crept up on us. Margaret and I went for a swim yesterday, and Freddie, Steve, Dallas and I met up with Daria for dinner last night at a restaurant on the Volga. So, like that I've said farewell to my Russian friends. It snowed like crazy here yesterday - it was actually really nice (minus the wind whipping snow chunks into my face) - but today we are back to spring sunshine, albeit chilly spring sunshine. Other than the fact that today is Earth Day, (yay Earth Motherland!), I feel like I don't have too much to say... except that I should finish packing. Will write again before we ditch Russia for good!

1 comment:

Ericandles said...

Safe trip home, you guys. But the question I really want answered is: what will you call the blog now?